09 September 2011

Killer Characters Blogfest!


Get ready for a killer blogfest! 

Deana Barnhart (she brought us Gearing Up to Get an Agent Blogfest this past July) and I are co-hosting KILLER CHARACTERS BLOGFEST!

The theme is, you guessed it, Killer Characters! Is there a hero who's haunted your dreams? How about a lower-than-dirt bad guy who's made your skin crawl? Or a spunky sidekick who's stolen your heart? Tell us about them!

Join us in three challenges:
1) Oct 24 post about your favorite literary supporting character
2) Oct 26 post about your favorite literary protagonist
3) Oct 28 post about your favorite literary antagonist
All entires should be 250 words maximum, but you may use all the pictures you'd like. 

Choose characters you feel strongly about. They don't all have to be evil—though seeing how it's Halloween, malevolent characters are welcome—but they should be killer (AKA awesome, incredible, terrifying, formidable, etc.). Note: The characters you choose should be famous literary characters. For instance, the Ugly Stepsisters (supporting), Batman (protagonist), and the Wicked Witch of the West (antagonist). Then write concise, clear, and convincing entries. Explain why your characters are the best!

To encourage you to join, we have three killer prizes. We're giving away Elana Johnson's book, POSSESSION, to the third prize winner. The runner-up will receive a 5-page critique from Elana herself, and the winner will receive a 10-page critique from Elana!

Deana and I will judge the contest. The winners will be announced November 2nd.

To participate you must be a follower of my blog and Deana's blog. Sign-up in the linky below and leave your e-mail address in a comment. Then grab the button in the sidebar and post it on your blog to identify yourself. The week of the challenges, blog-hop to read and comment on the other entries. Killer Characters Blogfest is going to be a scream!

34 comments:

Angie Cothran said...

Oooo! Count me in. I love talking about characters :) This is so fun.

Ru said...

Awesome idea!

Lisa Gail Green said...

Man, I don't normally do blogfests, but if I did, this is the one I would pick!! What an awesome and fun idea! :D I'll go tweet about it.

Tiffany Garner said...

This sounds like a ton of fun! Added my link!

Deana said...

You're so right...it is going to be a scream...muahhahahaha! Can't wait!

Jessie Humphries said...

I am so in the mood for Halloween and the holidays.

Sarah Pearson said...

I'm going to enjoy reading the entries for this one!

Shelley Sly said...

This sounds fun! I'll give it some thought and return later if I can think of an idea. :)

Laura Barnes said...

I'm with Shelley - this sounds like an awesome fest, but I'll have to think about it before I sign up. Is that totally wimpy, or what?

Nisa said...

This fest sounds like a lot of fun! adelycea@hotmail.com

lindy said...

Awww, this is gonna be a blast! Especially with two of my fav. girls running it! I already have some ideas for my protagonist-though it will probably change a million times before the blogfest, 'cause yeah, that's how I roll!

The East Coaster said...

Niiiiiiiiice!

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Cool beans! shelly brown writer at gmail (but without all the spaces)

Lyla said...

I forgot to post my email when I registered in the linky. I'm glad I checked back to this post.

naseoullee@gmail.com

Kaylee Baldwin said...

What a great blogfest!

J. A. Bennett said...

I'm trying to follow Dena's blog, but the follower thing won't show up. But I promise I'll do it once it works! Anyway my email is jenniefire at yahoo (dot) com

Jenny S. Morris said...

Ok, I will join in on the party.

mjlnmorris[at]gmail[dot]com

Stephen Tremp said...

Okay, I've officially joined and looking forward to meeting some new people!

Stephen Tremp said...

Oh, my email is golionssss[@]yahoo[dot]com

Melodie Wright said...

What a cool idea! I love that you and Deana are co-hosting - blog hostesses with the mostest!

S. L. Hennessy said...

This sounds so fun! Can't wait!

Abby said...

This is awesome AND such a fun idea for Halloween! P.S. I love Elana! Great rewards!

L. Vendrell said...

I am in.

Luis.Vendrell@gmail.com

Caitlin said...

Sounds like fun! I'm in! My email is caitlinblane(at)gmail(dot)com

Tara Tyler said...

looking forward to it! thanks!

Amy said...

This sounds great - count me in! :)

Julie said...

Oh, this sounds fabulous, so glad I found out about it in time to join in. I've got to think about my entries, how fun!

Off to check out and follow Deana's blog now. Thanks for hosting this!

Guilie said...

Joining the party a bit late here, but this does sound fun. Submitted my link, and look forward to reading all the different perspectives come the end of October. Thanks for the great idea!

Melissa Sugar said...

If my comment appears three times, I apologize. I keep getting an error page so I switched browsers. This sounds like an awesome blogfest. I am looking forward to reading the many interesting entries & meeting more bloggers.

Melissa Sugar
sugarlaw67@yahoo.com

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

This sounds really fun! I'm in!

Summer Ross said...

I posted this on my blogfest page. :)

Jenny said...

I'm in!

Madeleine said...

I'm going to sidebar this. I think it's great and have a think about a possible entry.

Madeleine said...

Mine is up today. Hoorah! Though I may not be able to get around to al the others to comment for a while, as I had major logging in problems and I've got lots on for the next few days. Hope to catch up soon.

Recently Read

Princess in the Spotlight
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
The Scorpio Races
Shadow and Bone
Endlessly
Liesl and Po
The Iron Knight
Wintergirls
The Princess Diaries
Heat Wave
The Demon King
My Fair Godmother
Heartwishes
Seaweed
The Knife of Never Letting Go
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games
Exiled
Beautiful Creatures


Emily R.'s favorite books »

© 2011 Emily R. King, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena