List the songs that move your spirit, cut deep into your soul, and threaten to break your heart.
No limit - top ten or less is fine.
Music is vital to my writing. It moves me and sets the scene. It’s also a great passion in my life. I will fall in love with a song because of the way it makes me feel. And those songs that bring me to a truly emotional place are special.
I thought this was a fun idea, so I've compiled a list of songs. Not all of them are sad per se, but they all tug at my heartstrings.
- Fallen by Sarah McLachlan is a downer. It's great to listen to after you've done something you're ashamed of. Not that I'd know...
- Outside by Staind is de-press-ing! Good choice to listen to if you're wallowing.
- You Don't Know Me sung by Jann Arden. This version is my favorite. To anyone who has fallen in love with someone who hasn't loved them back, this song is for you.
- Over the Rainbow sung by Isreal Kamakawiwoole. The music may be cheerful, but the lyrics make my soul cry. One of the best songs written. EVER.
- Feels Like Home by Chantel Kreviazuk. This is as country and western as I get. My sister sang it at my wedding reception for my husband and me. It makes me emotional every time I hear it.
Which songs make you emotional? Do you listen to them while you write?
If you like blogfests, check out the Oh, Those High School Dances! Blog Hop!