Now, onto the awesome bloghop.
Can you tell a great story, one that's so good, it's hard to tell if it's fact or fiction?
Next month, Melodie Wright and I are hosting a bloghop where you'll share your favorite summer memory—whether it be hilarious, a comedy of errors, sweet-as-pie, adventurous or the kind of story you're glad to have over with—as well as one that's pure fiction. Everyone else's job? To spot the fact from fiction. The writer who fools the most commentors wins the prize.
Here's the scoop:
- Monday, Sept. 3: Post one summer story, true or false, it doesn't matter but it should be under 500 words.
- Tuesday: Sept. 4: Hop to other participating blogs to check out your competition.
- Wedesday, Sept. 5: Post your other summer story. If Monday's was your truth, have Wed. be your fiction story. Or vice versa. (Again, under 500 words.)
- Thursday, Sept. 6: Hop to other participating blogs. Decide which one is true and which is false and put your vote in the comments of each entry.
- Friday, Sept. 7: Your reveal. Tell us which story is true and which is false.
- Late Friday or early Saturday, Sept. 8: PRIZES!!! Melodie and I are giving away FOUR total—two grand prizes for the stories that fool the most commentors; and two critiques for the runners up in each category. The PRIZES will be a book of your choice from lists Melodie and I have compiled. Melodie's list will be Best Fall Fiction Reads. My list will be of my favorite writing reference nonfiction books.
- In other words, Melodie will be awarding the writer who fools the most with his/her fiction, and I will be awarding the writer who fools the most with his/her nonfiction. The critiques will go to the runners up in each category. Make sense?
No, the stories you share do not have to happen this summer. Reach back into your childhood for the best one as long as one of your stories is absolutely true. You're on the honor system here but we trust ya. ;)
Sound like fun? Sign up in the linky below. Then check back the third week of August. I'll be listing the writing reference nonfiction books the fact bloghop winner will choose from as his/her prize, and Melodie will be posting the list of hot Fall Fiction she recommends, which the fiction bloghop winner will choose from as his/her prize. We hope you'll join us!